Look for some great Elf quotes to put you in the Christmas spirit? When you take a look at the best Christmas movies, there’s a handful that stand out. “It’s a Wonderful Life”, “Miracle on 34th Street”, “Home Alone”, and the story of a Christmas elf who goes to New York City to find his father and spread cheer, “Elf.”
Released in 2003, Elf was a critical and commercial success earning over $200 million at the box office. The title role of Buddy, expertly played by Will Ferrell, towers over his fellow elves with the help of some forced perspective camera work. Jim Carrey was the original choice for Buddy, but ultimately Ferrell was selected. Buddy’s solo song at Gimbels was totally improvised by Ferrell. His slapstick comedy is sure to draw laughs even from the toughest viewers. Santa’s biggest helper made a big impression with audiences and continues to impress viewers today.
11. My finger has a heartbeat.
12. That’s another thing… Buddy you should know that your father… he’s on the naughty list.
13. Santa! Oh my god! Santa’s coming! I know him! I know him!
14. I’m singing! I’m in a store and I’m singing! I’m in a store, AND I’M SINGIIIIING!
15. Gimbels Manager: Hey! There’s no singin’ in the North Pole!
Buddy: Yes there is!
Gimbels Manager: No there’s not.
Buddy: We sing all the time! Especially when we make toys!
16. Have you seen these toilets? They’re GINORMOUS!
Buddy the Elf
17. (Buddy burps loudly — NOTE: burp was actually done by another actor)
Did you hear that?
18. This place reminds me of Santa’s Workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.
19. (On seeing a sign saying “World’s Best Cup of Coffee”)
You did it! Congratulations! World’s best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It’s great to be here.
20. I’m a cotton-headed ninny-muggins.
21. It’s just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture.
22. Francisco! That’s fun to say! Francisco. Francisco. Franciscooo.
23. I think you’re really beautiful and I feel really warm when I’m around you and my tongue swells up.
24. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!
25. I thought maybe we could make ginger bread houses, and eat cookie dough, and go ice skating, and maybe even hold hands.
26. Nice purple dress. Very purpley.
27. I’m sorry I ruined your lives, and crammed eleven cookies into the VCR.
28. Deb, you have such a pretty face, you should be on a Christmas card.
29. There’s room for everyone on the “Nice List”!